Sunday, April 1, 2012

Car of the Week: Jaguar XK120

The jag that I have always wanted...
Unknown photographer
One of two LT 2's left (Jag's light weight racer version) If you have a good eye you will notice that there are no fender seems as this car has a one piece magnesium body!. Photo from www.conceptcarz.com

Built from 1948 to 1954 and beautiful from front to back. Upon its introduction it was the fastest production car in the world and as you could guess, had a real world top speed of 120 mph. How? Streamlined shape, aluminum body and a 3.4 liter DOHC straight six. I love this car for the way it changes the way you feel about driving. If I were behind the wheel I would take the long way home, I would dress up just to drive it somewhere and I have to buy some driving gloves... alright maybe not the driving gloves. A neighbor in Ukiah purchased one a few years ago and the thing is just amazing in real life. I will always want one but probably will not be able to afford one. Basket cases are $12,000-20,000 and nice ones are up into the $100K mark.

From the 2009 Wine Country Classic.  Photo by: Will Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment