Saturday, May 26, 2012

Book of the Week: FUP

FUP by Jim Dodge

This book is H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S! I read it once as a teen and laughed my ass off. Then I reread it in college. I was in the Cal Poly library trying to be quiet about it, but I could not stop laughing. I was crying and my stomach hurt. I finally found my own copy while browsing a thrift store! I think it it the first hardback copy and it has some great illustrations. So what is it all about you ask?

This is a story about a young boy and his father and a duck named FUP. The dad is known for his moonshine, the son is known for his fences and the duck is known for his never say die attitude. There are only 94 pages and you would read those pages quickly. I would gladly loan it out but I would need some collateral as this is my only copy and it is not exactly a common book. Well written and has a great commentary on what is important and what is fun.

3 comments: