Monday, July 18, 2011

Ten days and counting... down!

Today makes ten days until we fly out... So many things to do! So many people to see! Please forgive us if we cannot make it to some of you. I also just wanted to say that I have no way of posting pictures until I get a computer in Dhaka. I know, such hard work to actually read and not just skim pics like some other social media I know.

We have been trying to take advantage of all the little things that we will miss in our new life. Walked to the Sunday in the park last night and enjoyed a couple of good bands and some good socializing... In shorts! Then we walked two blocks to the mini mart and got a couple of pints of ice cream. Have been eating out a lot, spending time in our yard, and riding my mountain bike... On mountains! Visited Lassen national park to hike and ride around. I have been in California for the majority of my life and have never been to Lassen. How does this happen?

Today's lesson: do what you can while you can! I know it sounds like such a motivational speech. We all get so caught up in our lives that when we have some free time, we usually are content to sit at home instead of getting out there and doing. And if you do you will be living in a van, down by the river! Which always sounded pretty nice to me... Provided it was a Westy, Sprinter or Sportsmobile! To start it off today I ran Lowgap Park. Think trails through hilly oak woodlands next to a seasonal creek. It took 40 minutes to get my nature fix for the day. Puts a different twist on the day. It would put a bounce in my step but since my calfs are sore it is more like a hitch in my giddy up... But a permagrin will have to do. T minus ten...

No comments:

Post a Comment