Thursday, November 24, 2011

Critical Mass #3 Bangladesh

So the critical mass in Bangladesh is three months old today. I missed the first two so I made a point to make this one. I am not sure about an actual count but there were over 200 riders! Bangladesh keeps surprising me with how progressive certain aspects are and how unbelievable backwards other parts are. I never would have thought that there would be a critical mas here and would have laughed if you told me there were more riders than I ever saw a the critical mass in San Luis Obispo.

I took the cargo bike and was going to take Lola but was glad that I did not! We rode a little over 12 miles and the entire ordeal took about 3 hours. There was lots of energy in the air and the number of cultures represented was pretty impressive. But I have to take my hat off to the number of Bangladeshi riders out there.

The Cargo bike was a hit and I became a shuttle for a couple of young kids that had run out of steam. The streets were lined with people pointing and clapping and cheering. There were riders blocking traffic and press photographers on motorcycles, guys with megaphones and all kinds of bikes. Here are some pics from the day.

The first riders trickle in...

 The big group amasses

Bike Parking

Couldn't resist...

I am thinking about importing a limited run of these. The demand would be epic...

Some live dancing and drumming. All part of the package.

Ken testing out the trail-a-bike during the mass photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment